Friday, September 15, 2017

The Impact of Hurricane Irma Needs to Be Respected

The astonishing devastation to the Virgin Islands, particularly, of Hurricane Irma, has to be visually represented to be fully appreciated. In the above graphic, you can see the difference made by a storm where the wind snapped off much of the leaf-bearing vegetation, and a storm wall inundation of salt-water did the rest at killing off the plant-life of what had been island oases of beauty and teeming with life.

It should be noted that the island of Barbuda is, for once in 300 years, without a single human, because it is unlivable. The toll to property has been epic in proportion. The number of persons displaced and bereft of anything at all to their name is astonishing.

And our fuckwit president, Donald Trump, has opinions:

TRUMP: It was such a small number that nobody would have — people thought thousands and thousands of people may have had their lives ended. And the number is a very small number, which is a great tribute to you.

Eight bodies were taken from a Florida nursing home. This is the guy who was in favor of limiting the rights of nursing home residents to sue in the cases of abuse and neglect. I don't know how I feel about that--but I do, but I don't. I have images in my mind I will remember all my life of a situation where people were powerless, and I will always be for those people.

I don't even know if this grinning fool who wants to display his swag ball-cap understands that there is still devastation from Harvey, that there are wildfires leaving residents only too happy for a storm system in the NW,  and still and all, there is ever-developing climate fuckery on the horizon.  He only has his denial.

Trump has no respect for what is happening all around him. I do not think he has the sense to learn, either. He is not fit for this environment.


No comments:

TWGB: Cold Courtrooms and Old Farts

  You are supposed to pity Trump at this point, the miserable wretch that he is, made to sit by his enemies in a freezing cold courtroom mor...