Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions Stonewalled.

I don't know what I was supposed to take away from today's hearing. I'm thinking that if Sessions already established he wasn't going to say anything that might jam up his boss, he was still going to do that--so, that happened.   I'm not persuaded that he backed up Comey in the FBI probe into the Russian hacking, or that he agrees with any future FBI Director having a really free hand. There's a curious lack of interest Sessions and Trump have with an attack by a foreign power on our elections. I don't see how he can consider himself as "recused" when he had to have known Trump was really was unhappy over the Russia probe, and intended to fire Comey because of it. Trump said so himself in the Lester Holt interview, and I sincerely doubt the Clinton reason was anything more than a fig leaf. I don't think he made that timeline seem any more plausible.

Long story short--I don't think Sessions acquitted himself very well, and if Trump was looking for a reason to accept the resignation he allegedly offered, maybe he's got one.

No comments:

Oh Look, We Found GA Voter Fraud

 It turns out, it was the GOP all along--or anyway, there was an election-denier who weirdly enough submitted multiple ineligible GOP ballot...