Thursday, May 18, 2017

Roger Ailes is Dead

In the entire course of Strangely Blogged's nearly ten-year back-issues, I don't think I have ever said anything nice about Fox Mushroom Farm's founder and guru, Roger Ailes, who I credited with promoting misogyny, racism, fake news, conspiracy theories, and providing free advertising for the Republican Party to the vast injury of journalism, Fox's viewers, and, ironically, the GOP, by making the world a meaner, dumber, more partisan place where dumber, meaner, more partisan GOP-ers were more likely to get on.

I see absolutely no reason to say anything good about him in death. He was a dedicated sexual harasser and a blight on politics and cable television alike. Among his last deeds were advising Donald Trump, and that speaks for itself. The best thing I'll ever say is that he was mortal.

No comments:

The Red Line for Journalism

  I wonder why Speaker Johnson is so passionately weighing in on the Ronna firing… oh… https://t.co/Ek1OdMBDyN pic.twitter.com/uh7JEewLpr ...